Ideas to encourage interest and involvement from your employees.
- Encourage all levels of employees within the company to participate.
- Have departments within the company challenge each other for the most participants and provide a “prize” for the department with the highest amount of participants.
- Bring in guest speakers to talk about wellness and fitness.
- Advertise the event in common areas and provide training tips through E-mails.
- Give employees time to train together during the work day.
- Supply company T-shirts with company logo for day-of-race or for training.
- Pay at least half of participants’ registration fee or, (sometimes better!) reimburse afterward those who attend.
- Offer an extra half or full day off to those employees who participated.
Have an idea we’ve not mentioned? Please share with us: info@kpcorporaterunwalk.
Paragraph to use on your materials
The Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk & Fitness Program is a unique workplace-organized fitness initiative designed to inspire fun, fitness and camaraderie among Atlanta’s corporate community. An 8-week training program (July 10 – September 7, 2017) leads up to a corporate run/walk through Downtown Atlanta on Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. More than 16,000 runners, walkers and joggers from over 400 Atlanta companies will participate in what has become the largest workplace-organized 5K corporate fitness event in the world. To register visit kpcorporaterunwalk.
Corporate Cup Awards
Participation Award: Quantity is what matters here! An award will be presented on race night to the company with the largest number of participants registered. This award is unique in that participants may be either full- or part-time employees, clients, family members or friends of the registered company. There will also be an award for the most participants in each of the 38 industry categories. (See the Company Registration Form, p. 7, for the list of categories.) Industry Participation awards will be mailed to winning Company Captains after the race.