Whether your goal is to lose weight, have more energy or manage the stress in your life, this Get Active Atlanta! Training Program is designed to give you access to the support you need, including:
- Free 5K 8 week training programs for runners and walkers by Olympian Jeff Galloway (July 10 – September 7, 2017)
– Runner and Walker 2017 Schedule – download now!
– Experienced Runner 2017 Schedule – download now!
- Run/Walk – determining a training pace and run/walk ratio
- Jeff Galloway Training Program (training runs/walks leading up to the race) Choose from Saturday mornings at 7AM (Phidippides Ansley), Wednesday evenings at 6:15 PM (Phidippides Sandy Springs) or Thursday evenings at 6:30 PM (Phidippides Ansley). All levels welcome, including beginning runners and walkers. Join us! Participants in these training sessions will receive 15% off at Phidippides (excluding some items) before/after the Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday sessions.
- Weekly fitness and training tips and recipes from Jeff Galloway and Kaiser Permanente
- Boot Camp – Lead by celebrity fitness trainer Tammie Leady, Boot Camp will be at 7AM on July 22, 29, August 5, 12, 19, 26.
Training for your first 5K: Getting Started – Jumpstart your fitness routine by training for a 5K. Here’s how.
Training: Avoid texting and other hazards. Start with good safety habits; don’t run solo at night.
Training: What to Eat
Training: Shifting from walking to running
Training: Six tips for training in the heat
Training: Add gym to fitness routine