Be a part of the Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk, starting and finishing at the Olympic Rings on Hank Aaron Drive!
755 Hank Aaron Drive
Atlanta GA 30315
September 24, 2015 – 5K Start Time: 6:30 PM
- New Route Course
- The 5K course is a Peachtree Qualifier with an overall net drop and a downhill finish.
- Starts at the Olympic Rings and finishes past the Rings just after the Green Lot parking lot entry driveway.
- Medical staff and water stations will be available at the start, along the course and at the finish line.
- Separate start line-up for runners and walkers. Watch for signs.
- Mile markers at miles 1 and 2.
- Note that there are two water stations on the course, near miles 1 and 2.
- A commemorative T-shirt will be given to all registrants.
- Music will begin immediately after the first person crosses the finish line.
- Questions? Go to one of three Information Tents.
Who Can Participate?
All are welcome, from walkers to joggers to runners to Elite Runners. Recruit your co-workers, as well as your family, friends, and neighbors! Due to insurance restrictions, strollers, animals, baby strollers/joggers and rollerblades are not allowed on the racecourse. NOTE: You DO NOT need to be member of Kaiser Permanente to participate.
A company team may enter an unlimited number of runners, joggers and walkers and will be eligible for corporate team participation awards. Family members and friends as well as those under 18 may participate and will count toward the Overall Participation Award but are not eligible for team awards (ex: fastest women’s, men’s or coed teams). All award winners must be 18 years old or older and be employed full-time for at least three months by the company registered under.
- Walkers and Runners will have different colored event numbers. Runners and walkers should follow the signs to the appropriate start areas.
- The Elite and Seeded sections will be monitored.
- Elite Runners must submit official race results documentation from 2014-2015 race to email@example.com by September 4 at 5 PM in order to receive a special race number which will allow entry into the upfront section. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Seeded Runners must include 2014-2015 qualifying race information with registration by September 4 at 5 PM. Seeded runners will receive a seeded section pass from their team captain.
- All Elite and Seeded Runners must be in place at the start line by 6:00 PM.
Watch for signs to Walker Start Lineup. For the safety of all participants, we will follow traditional running etiquette at the start with all walkers starting behind the runners. On the course, walkers should stay to the right and follow instructions of race officials.
Runners & Joggers
Behind the Elite, CEOs and Seeded runners, this section is for runners and joggers.
This monitored section will be set up immediately behind the Elite Runner Area. Team captains are responsible for giving a special entry pass to any runner who expects to run 8:00 or faster per mile. Runners must list qualifying 2014-2015 race when registering. Seeded runners should be in place by 6:00 PM for the best position.
This area, at the very front of the start area nearest Fulton Street (directly under the Olympic Rings), will be set up for those with 2014 or 2015 race qualifying times. All Elite runners must be in place by 6:00 PM. Elite runners must submit their race results by September 4, 2015 (no exceptions) in order to receive a special race number which will allow entry into this section. Race documentation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Men – 6:00/mile
Open Women – 7:00/mile
Masters Men (40 and over) – 6:15/mile
Masters Women (40 and over) – 7:15/mile
Take MARTA to the GSU Rail Station on the east-west line (one stop from the Five Points Station) and walk south on Capital Avenue.www. ItsMarta.com