Be a part of the Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk, starting and finishing at the Olympic Rings on Hank Aaron Drive!
755 Hank Aaron Drive
Atlanta GA 30315
September 11, 2014 5K Start Time: 6:30 PM (NOTE NEW START TIME!)
- The 5K course is distance verified, and starts and finishes under the Olympic Rings.
- Medical staff and water stations will be available at the start, along the course and at the finish line.
- Separate start line-up for runners and walkers. Watch for signs.
- Mile markers at miles 1 and 2.
- Note that there are two water stations on the course, near miles 1 and 2.
- A commemorative T-shirt will be given to all registrants.
- Music will begin immediately after the first person crosses the finish line.
- Questions? Go to one of three Information Tents.
Who Can Participate?
All are welcome, from walkers to joggers to runners to Elite Runners. Recruit your co-workers involved, as well as your family, friends, and neighbors! Due to insurance restrictions, strollers, animals, baby strollers/joggers and rollerblades are not allowed on the racecourse. NOTE: You DO NOT need to be member of Kaiser Permanente to participate.
A company team may enter an unlimited number of runners, joggers and walkers and will be eligible for corporate team participation awards. Family members and friends as well as those under 18 may participate and will count toward the Overall Participation Award but are not eligible for team awards (ex: fastest women’s, men’s or coed teams). All award winners must be 18 years old or older and be employed full-time for at least three months by the company registered under.
- Walkers and Runners will have different colored event numbers. Runners and walkers should follow the signs to the appropriate start areas.
- The Elite and Seeded sections will be monitored.
- Elite Runners must submit official race results documentation from 2013-2014 race to email@example.com by August 21 at 5 PM in order to receive a special race number which will allow entry into the upfront section. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Seeded Runners must include 2013-2014 qualifying race information with registration by August 21 at 5 PM. Seeded runners will receive a seeded section pass from their team captain.
- All Elite and Seeded Runners must be in place at the start line by 6:30 PM.
This 5K course has been distance verified:
- The race starts on Hank Aaron/Fulton Street (under the Olympic Rings) and heads towards downtown
- After crossing MLK, Hank Aaron turns into Piedmont
- Take Piedmont to Harris/John Portman Blvd.
- Left on Harris/John Portman Blvd.
- Left on Courtland (turns into Washington)
- Left on Memorial
- Right on Hank Aaron
Note that there are two water stations on the course, near miles 1 and 2.
Watch for signs to Walker Start Lineup. For the safety of all participants, we will follow traditional running etiquette at the start with all walkers starting behind the runners. On the course, walkers should stay to the right and follow instructions of race officials.
Runners & Joggers
Behind the Elite, CEOs and Seeded runners, this section is for runners and joggers.
This monitored section will be set up immediately behind the Elite Runner Area. Team captains are responsible for giving a special entry pass to any runner who expects to run 8:00 or faster per mile. Runners must list qualifying 2013-2014 race when registering. Seeded runners should be in place by 6:00 PM for the best position.
This area, at the very front of the start area nearest Fulton Street (directly under the Olympic Rings), will be set up for those with 2013 or 2014 race qualifying times. All Elite runners must be in place by 6:00 PM. Elite runners must submit their race results by August 21 (no exceptions) in order to receive a special race number which will allow entry into this section. Race documentation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Men – 6:00/mile
Open Women – 7:00/mile
Masters Men (40 and over) – 6:15/mile
Masters Women (40 and over) – 7:15/mile
Bus Instructions ($30 cash per bus) – PLEASE let us know if you are planning to use one or more buses so we can keep you advised of any last minute changes. Send an email to email@example.com with the number of buses you’ll be using.
IMPORTANT: Because many teams use buses as transportation to this event, captains should place a company sign in the window of the bus to help team members have a way to identify the correct bus after the event.
Take MARTA to the GSU Rail Station on the east-west line (one stop from the Five Points Station) and walk south on Capital Avenue.www.ItsMarta.com
($10 per car – standard Braves parking rate)
Hank Aaron Drive will be closed at 4 PM. All available authorized lots on the east side of 75/85 will be filled by 4:00 PM. Those who arrive after 4:00 PM will be directed to the lots on the west side of 75/85.
From downtown: Option 1: Go south on Pryor Street, left on Fulton and right on Fraser. Option 2: Stay on Pryor, left onto RDA and left on Fraser.
From 75/85 heading south: Option 1: Take the Fulton Street exit, go left on Fulton and right on Fraser. Option 2: Take the Fulton Street exit, turn right on Fulton, left on Pryor, left on RDA and left on Fraser. Option 3: Exit at MLK, go right, left on Washington, left on RDA and left on Fraser.
From 75/85 heading north: Take the Turner Field exit (RDA, Capitol Ave.), go left on Pollard, right on RDA and then left on Fraser.
From I-20 heading west: Take the Hill Street exit, go left on Hill St., right on Glenwood (merges with Fulton) and then left on Fraser.
From I-20 heading east: Take the Windsor/Spring/Turner Field exit, go right on Windsor, left on Fulton, and then right on Fraser.
Questions? Email us at info@KPcorporaterunwalk.com or call 404-843-8727.